We have configured a process where users can submit Jira email requests for suspicious emails and this works correctly to create a ticket, but the email attachment is not added to the new Jira ticket. The file format is .eml and we use the Jira Cloud version.
I checked my Outlook outbox and the email has the intended attachment. I checked our Mimecast and the email attachment is present.
Found the following resources but nothing that could help me resolve:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Email-Requests-with-Attachments/qaq-p/814728
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-15133?error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=eb07e710-2af0-4c54-9ac8-17e4df345433
Does anyone know any tips on how I can resolve this?
Hello @Tafara Mugwangi
Please provide more information on the process you created. Are you using built in JIRA functionality for processing emails to create issues, or a third party app, or something you built?
Morning @Trudy P Claspill
We are using an Outlook tool precompiled by Trend to allow our users to send an email to service.desk@huntswood.com. The email sends out as the Outlook user and creates a Jira ticket.
In the Jira service desk project we have setup email requests using this same email as per attached screenshot.
Does the outlook user have permissions in the service desk project to Create Attachments?
What file types have you tried?
What is the size of the files you've tried?
Hi
Yes the user has permission to create attachments. They can normally add attachments to issues directly with no problem. The problem only occurs when its via the email request business process.
Using the email feature I am unable to select additional attachments of my choice, please see attachment. Instead I followed the steps:
The steps created a new email request ticket SD-7469. All attachments were added to the ticket correctly. The only difference I know is that this process created a ticket within the SD: Email Request Workflow but the problematic tickets are created into the SD: Incidents workflow.
Jira support created an email request successfully with attachments but this used the SD:Service Requests workflow. So I think the fix is somewhere in the Incidents workflow, just don't know what setting to tweak.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.