If Atlassian wants to transition everyone to the new issue view, why are they disabled the switch to the new view on Personal Settings page?
Hi @Levente Takács
Sorry to hear about this problem. If I understand correctly, you are not able to enable this new issue view and you are only seeing the old issue view. I have created a support case on your behalf so that we can investigate this further.
https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-651789
I have also included one of your teammates to this ticket as I believe we will need the consent of a site-admin to be able to more closely investigate the specifics of your Cloud environment.
Andy
Hi @Levente Takács,
The switch to the new issue view has happened on March 31st. It is no longer possible to switch to the old view instead.
Hello Walter!I've switched back to the old view on April 6th last time. (I've been switching back and forth because of the missing features in the new view and because of some incompatibility between the old and the new view.)So, I suspect that Atlassian detected me as an user using the new view on March 31st, but forgot to remove the "Switch back to old view" button at that time, so I was happily switched back to the old view on April 6th. Then - I guess - Atlassian removed that switch in general (meaning: not only to the users using the new view, but for those as well who had switched back and were using to the old view since March 31st). So it seems that I stucked in the old view. Please somebody help, how to resolve this.
Ji @Levente Takács,
I found a setting that might help in Jira settings: under New issue view transition there is an option to move all users to the new view.
Maybe that helps, but I am quite sure that even if you don't do anything you'll wake up with everyone on the new view automagically, if that is not the case yet.
Hi @Walter Buggenhout
Do you have additional information about that setting, or the transition, based upon your Community Leader status?
We have been in the same situation for almost 2 weeks since the switch: some people are stuck on old-view if they had not switched by 31 March, and those who did are on new-view. Neither has access to the Labs setting any longer. I wonder if the transition is paused due to the open issues, such as the defect with comment sorting that recently impacted new-view, and that has just not been communicated by Atlassian.
Best regards,
Bill
Thanks Andy!
Just to clarify for anyone else that comes across this problem, a site-admin was able to use the 'Move all users to the new issue view' option in order to correct this.
Hi @Andy Heinzer
Is that the intention of the "fix" (move everyone to new-view) or is there still an issue with people still being on old-view, and they are being left on it for some reason? (e.g. closing the feature gaps)
And, does this fix address the missing Labs enable/disable option?
I wanted to check these things before asking our site admin to switch everyone over.
Thanks, and best regards,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.