I want to write a query to search my project for a specific issue with any status within the last six months. The issue will have an Epic Link and a specific word contained in the description to further identify the issues searched for in that time frame.
The JQL of
"Epic Link" = "name of epic link" and description ~ "word/phrase"
should find it. If you go to enter the JQL in the advanced box, it will help you complete the "Epic Link" by name, but convert the result to the Epic's issue key.
For a wider text search (looking in the description, comments, summary etc), use text ~ "word/phrase" instead of just looking in the description field
Hi @Augusta ,
I don't exactly understand your question.But in JQL you can use Epic link is not emptyproject = Xdescription ~ specificIt is not possible to search for issues that has been searched.Regards, Marco
Hi Marco,
I want to find a specific issue that has been worked on in our backlog.
I am new to this ....
I want to find issues that have an EPIC LINK of WORK INTAKE and the word "TOPIC" contained in the description I want to search these issues (regardless of their status) within the past 6 months (11/9/20 - 04/12/21)
Can you write this out?
See my answer above, but you'll want to add something like "and created after 11 Sep 20" to it to start defining dates
@Augusta Something like this?
"Epic Link" = "WORK INTAKE" AND description ~ TOPIC AND updated >= -26w
With
updated >= -26wyou search in the issues that are updated the last 26 weeks.Regards, Marco
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.