I want to add a Component Group and a file link to a component definition. Any ideas?
Hi @Huw Lewis
I do not believe you can do that with out-of-the-box Jira Cloud. There may be a marketplace add-on for purchase that can support that.
As a work-around, you could try entity properties at a project level, with name/value pairs based upon the Component. These can be accessed with the REST API, automation for Jira, and marketplace add-ons.
However, if we pause implementation for a moment, what problem are you trying to solve by associating those attributes to the components?
Best regards,
Bill
Hi Bill,
Thanks for the reply. At the moment I’m looking at a specific issue. I have graphic designers generating Icons, Avatars etc in Adobe Xs with their product being stored in the Xd Cloud. Since these graphic components are used in multiple screens I define them as components so I have a “used on” view. To compliment this I hoped to include a link to the stored location.
Later, I will have a similar task to do again with multilingual text components.
Got it, and thanks for explaining!
With current built-in features, have you considered asking your site admin to add custom fields for this: e.g. Screen Assets. You could then:
For automation, you would need to maintain the rules as the components and URLs change, but it would save some effort.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.