I am trying to send an email after issue transition to notify QA people to perform a test. Person responsible for it is marked it a custom "People" user-picker. I am limiting it to a single user. Project is "Team-managed", no extensions or plugins are in use.
While listing REST API json object for the issue, I see fields.customfield_100xx.emailAddress, but when I try to use it as either the recipient of the email or in simple Log test action it is empty. If I log the {{customfield_100xx}} object, it displays everything (name, avatar, id, …) but not the emailAddress. Displaying any other values (like .name) work fine.
I have tried: {{issue.fields.customfield_100xx.emailAddress}}, {{fields.customfield_100xx.emailAddress}}, {{customfield_100xx.emailAddress}}, {{Field Name.emailAddress}} and few others (like {{Field Name}}{{emailAddress}} {{/}}, which does not pass validation while saving the rule).
I smell a bug, but since I cannot find a report anywhere and no documentation handling this, I'd like to ask before I report it… Does anyone know what I am missing?