I have preface the question by saying that we just moved to the cloud version of JIRA. Prior to this we were on a privately hosted instance of JIRA.
When I attached a file to ticket for the first time, the file name is attached as is.
When I try to attach the same file name again (we do that to maintain different versions of the file on the same ticket, so each time we attach the file, the contents are slightly different depending on the changes made by different people), the file gets automatically altered to append a GUID at the end of the file name. This causes problems since the various files do not associated together
Is there any way to prevent the rename? The previous version did not have this issue. The previous version allowed all the previous versions to retain the original name and only display the latest version in blue, but the older version were converted to a light gray. Is it possible to get that behavior using the version on the cloud?