I'd like to have a confluence page with a button or a link or (super great) a simple form that will begin the Jira ticket create flow with some fields pre-defined, such as the Jira project, and maybe Component, or a custom field or two.
The built in functionality of selecting text and initiating the 'create' action isn't what I'm looking for.
I'm making a page that talks about a particular team/department or system, and I want to make it easy for staff to submit a ticket to that team/department, or file a bug about that system.
Other questions like this in the Community have pointed folks to setting up Issue Collectors, but embedding an issue collector relies on embedding javascript in the page, which is not an option in Confluence Cloud, as far as I can tell. Also, that capability is a big security problem, so it's not ideal to make it OK, even if cloud allowed it.
This feels like something that should be built-in, so I'm really hoping I'm just missing something obvious.