Hello,
I'm evaluating Confluence Cloud for our team. Our task is to organize, annotate, share, and link a large number of resources, mainly PDF. (E.g. Academic papers.)
I seem to be having serious problems getting the annotation and commenting features to work.
1) When I attempt to comment on an attachment, I drag the little comment pin onto the document fine. A small window appears in the upper right with my name in it. And then it hangs. There's a spinning icon below my name that never goes away. The page becomes unresponsive until I reload it, at which point the comment pin I dropped is gone.
2) When I pick "Edit with..." on a PDF file, I get the dropdown telling me to download the Atlassian Companian app that is already installed and running. This is not the widely-discussed problem related to browser security; it happens in every browser with current versions of everything. Instead, in the "companion.log" file, it reports this error on every attempt to access a PDF:
Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/System/Applications/Books.app/Contents/Resources/undefined.icns'
Note that "Books" is the Apple e-Reader. It is not an app for editing PDF files, nor is it the default for opening PDF files. (Indeed, if you attempt to open a PDF in Books, it will kick it over to Preview instead.)
3) When I pick "Edit with..." on a PNG file, it opens Preview. Preview is not the preferred app for editing Images. How is this controlled?
An easy-to-use workflow for these functions is pretty crucial for my team. Are these known issues that can be worked around?
Thanks for any advice!