Hello. I would like to exclude Story points for "Won`t Fix" user story from completed Sprint, so that I will be not able to see them in the Velocity Chart for completed sprint. Any idea how to do it ?
Thank you.
Here's a few;
During Sprint planning if the status is "Won't Fix" do not include it in the Sprint.
Exclude the Status from the board configuration.
If the status changes during the sprint, there's not much you can do on the Cloud, since you don't have access to the report to make modifications. You could copy the information to excel and modify it manually, but...
Best suggestion I have - You should know 95% of the time what you won't fix before something goes into the sprint. If your not sure add a 'Research' task that can be completed and if you do want to do that actual work add it to the next Sprint or inject it if necessary.
Just my thoughts...
Hi Tom,
thank you for your answer. Of course, note presented by you should be done in the past and will be done in the future to avoid such situation. Also I don`t want to exclude "Won't Fix" status, because it provides useful information.
Right now I have some "old" data ( Wont fix stories with SP, for previous Sprints), which impact my Velocity Chart and I am wondering how to do a clean-up. Maybe you any idea on how to handle it ?
Quick response - take them out of the past sprints. You should be able to bulk change/edit those issues in the Won't fix status and clear the Sprint field... I think that should take care of the chart. We have moved to a Kanban environment, so I can't check it. Let me know if that dose not work and I'll look further into it.
Even with Administrator privileges I'm not able to clean Sprint field (that was one of my approaches to do a cleanup). Is this option blocked in JIRA ?
Add a "Resolved Not Done" column to your board. Move it to the left of the Done column, so that the Done column retains the green (indicating "Done") horizontal rule, and the "Resolved Not Done" column's horizontal rule is yellow (indicating "In Progress").
Then the Velocity Report and Sprint Report will treat issues in Resolved Not Done as not completed, and the issues in the Done column as completed.
See also the similar question: How can we exclude stories closed with resolution "Won't Fix", "Duplicated", "Not Reproducible" and "Incompleted" out of Scrum Board's Velocity and Sprint Report , or Agile Classic's chart board?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.