Hi there! Can you please help figure out how to add confluence macro "excerpt include" into a Jira story description?
Is there a way to take "Excerpt Include" from the confluence and add it to Jira Story Description, so that if I change the requirement in confluence it automatically changes in Jira Story Description?
For example:
- I will create a page in confluence
- add excerpt
- in the excerpt dialogue box, i will add a story description
- next, i will link this page to a story in Jira (for easy navigation)
- in Jira story description i want to insert this particular excerpt include so that the story from confluence auto-populates in Jira story
Here is what I am trying to do: we use Jira to manage our project development. We create stories, add descriptions and then implement them.
But, sometimes, stories description change, some information gets lost. To solve this we use confluence to store and manage project documentation and requirements, meeting notes, etc.
But it is quite difficult to use the linking option between confluence and Jira epics/stories and still, I have to copy/paste the requirement description from confluence to jira.
And if the requirement gets updated, I have to also update it in Confluence or JIra.