I would like to maintain the contents of custom fields when migrating multiple issues from Classic to the Next Gen.
Is it possible to duplicate and apply the Classic global settings to the workflow, issue type and custom field settings of the new Next Gen project?
I'm wondering because it would be very time-consuming to manually configure the same settings for the new Next Gen project.
After migrating to the Next Gen, I want to change the workflow, issue type, and custom field settings within the project, so I don't want to keep using the Classic settings.
- Create a Next Gen project with the same settings (workflow, issue types, custom fields) as the current Classic project.
- Migrate the custom fields from the Classic board to the Next Gen project while keeping their contents.
Is there any way to achieve the above two points?
I understand that the custom fields will be preserved after the migration, but I am looking for a way to make them visible without having to go back to the Classic project.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/migrate-between-next-gen-and-classic-projects/
If you know of a way to do this, I would appreciate it if you could let me know.