when I mark ticket as "Resolved" and "Won't Fix" via automation rule, automation updating as "Resolved", "Fixed".
What am I doing wrong?
Hi @Balaji Cherukuri
Would you please post an image of your entire rule and the audit log? That will provide some context in case there is another path which is setting resolution.
Also, are there any workflow steps happening independently of the automation rule which could impact resolution?
Best regards,
Bill
Hi @Balaji Cherukuri - I suspect there might be a post function on the transition to that status that might be setting the field to something different.
Your rule is attempting to:
I am unclear why you are doing two transitions. What is the purpose of that?
Regardless of that question, the second transition is probably what is un-doing your first transition's work/settings for resolution.
I added the second transition after the issue, nothing is ran with that config.
what is the "post function", how to find that?
Go to Settings > Issues > Workflows
Search for the workflow being used and click on Edit
Then click on the line to the status - this is the Transition. When you do that, there will be a pop up that appears on the right side. There you can click on Post Functions.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.