For us Jira Admins/experts trying to parse the best practices based on generic advice from Atlassian and Community can be a bit tricky and misleading since if you are an admin for a 100-user instance, the best practice for you is a LOT different than if you were on a team of Admins managing 1,000 users or 10,000 users.
I am using "number of users" here as a simplified metric, of course.
When I see Admins responding to questions/blogs here I've realized that what is right for one person is wrong for the next person reading it. The same applies for much advice come Atlassian - a lot of it probably comes from the Marketing/Product side of the house vs technical ;-)
It would be useful for Atlassian to publish to us the overall profile of #licenses per instance. I am sure the Sales department and/or Product department at Atlassian has this info or some approximation. Any thoughts?
Thanks
P.S. I have doing Jira admin for a long time...