Requirement: When a new issue is created in Project A, I want to create a clone in Project B ( all ready accomplished) I'm facing challenges transitioning the cloned issue along with the parent issue (cloned by). for e.g. when the parent issue (cloned by) in Project A transitions from one status to another, I want the cloned issue in project B to transition along with it as well, so its outward link direction.
I'm still learning groovy and found this script but its for the inward link direction clones --> cloned by.
https://bitbucket.org/snippets/Adaptavist/8exo75/script-console-transition-an-issue-when
Note: The cloned issue is just a place holder in project B and wont be acted upon and should just transition along with the parent (cloned by) issue in project A. Also, both projects share the same workflow, so having different statuses wont be a problem
I even tried doing this with Jira automation but looks like I need to write rules for each transition and cannot be accomplished with just one rule (If-else).
Any help in the regard is highly appreciated.