Hello,
For a project I want to set the start and finish date of each epic considering the max date of the tasks related.
I really appreciate ideas to set a rule.
Regards
Hi @Angelica Hernandez
Are you asking how to do this with Automation for Jira rules? If so...
I can think of a simple way to do this which does not handle all possible scenarios, and a more complicated way: The simple way assumes Start Dates only get earlier for tasks, not later, and that Due Dates only get later, not earlier.
With the simple way, you use one automation rule. In my example below, I assume you mean Due Date as I do not see a Finish Date field in my Jira instance. If you have a Finish Date field in your Jira instance, please substitute that field name.
The more complicated way uses two rules and can handle the dates changing in either direction, earlier or later. Please let me know if you want me to post that information.
Best regards,
Bill
@Bill Sheboy , thank you so much! is Exactly what I needed.
Thank you for your complete responde, very useful
I am glad to hear that helped you. Please consider marking this question as answered; that will help others in the community find solutions faster. Thanks!
Hi @Bill Sheboy
How would you adjust that to the complicated solution that handle changing to earlier and later?
@Bill Sheboy , help me, please: A card in Trello that is automatically generated after duplicating a task is being assigned a due date of December 31, 2998. This is making my system heavy and very slow. I need to know if there is a way to set the due date of all tasks to December 31, 2026.
Thank you very much.
ADV ADM, this topic has been locked because the thread has become a bit dated. If you’d like to keep the conversation going or have additional questions, we encourage you to start a new topic. You can read more about necro posting (“raising threads from the dead”) in our Community Guidelines.
Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.