All of the answers deal with the server version. Is there anyway to do this in OnDemand, which does not have the ability to import XML workflows?
I've tried to hack it with conditions (value = "Option 1" and != "None" / value = "Option 2" and != "None") or check boxes (which provide their own conundrum, allowing user to select any combination of "Option 1", "Option 2" and "None", including not selecting any options) and select list (which has the same "None" issue). The issue still gets lost in an open loop when "None" is selected".
If I am unable to remove "None" as an option (which I'm totally fine with), the desired behavior is that the workflow stays in its current status with buttons for transitions. Is there a way to program transition without a button showing up? That would allow me to acount for the presence of "None" and still enforce the workflow. Does this make sense?
Any advice or assistance you can provide in this matter would be greatly appreciated.