When I creat a new issue it says that issue created but currently not visible. I couldn't find a solution. Please provide me some help. Thanks in advance
Are you viewing a board/backlog when creating the issue? If so, then the problem may be that the filter used for that board/backlog may not encompass the issue you just created.
Try going to the search screen to search for the issue. If you can find the issue that way and can click the issue to view it, then it is more likely a filtering issue than a permissions issue.
Hello, @Arif Omanović are you a Jira admin or a single user? Looks like you have create permission but not view permission. If you are an admin you can fix this check how this view permission is configured in the project you are creating issues, if not, ask your admin to check this for you.
I am an admin but don't know how to configure these view permissions.
Check this guide, just go to the project settings, permissions and check if you are part of the view permission, this can be you individually but also using groups or project Roles (recommended)
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-project-permissions/
I have checked it, it makes sense, but I cannon edit permissions on a Free plan. Does it mean that I can solve the issue on Free plan?
Exactly as you described. If I am on a Board page and create an issue it says that it's created but not visible.If I go to the Backlog page I see all issues created, when I drag them to the sprint at the top of the page they become visible on the Board.In general I solved it, but still don't get why I should do the process described above to make the issues visible on board.
You said "If I drag them to the sprint at the top of the [Backlog] page they become visible on the Board."
From that I infer that you are using a Scrum board.
The functionality of a Scrum board is to display only the issues in active sprints in the board view. When you create an issue it is not automatically added to a sprint. Issues are added to sprints during the sprint planning phase of Scrum, or intentionally added to active sprints after they are started. New issue are instead automatically added to the Backlog where you can then use your discretion to add them to a sprint at the appropriate time.
The alternative is to use the Kanban methodology instead of the Scrum methodology. In Kanban you do not use sprints but instead have a continuous flow of issues through your workflow based on their priority. With Kanban, you can choose to have a backlog view or you can choose to have just a board view, and then all issues display on the board.
Thank you for such a detailed explanation.I got it all. Thank you once again. Massive appreciation.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.