Hi! is there a way to add canned responses to workflows/statuses without writing script for it? I know nothing about script writing at all. I need to create 5-6 different responses for a specific issue type based on the status the bug is in.
Hi Shawn, are you looking for a solution that automatically adds a comment based upon a transition and conditions OR are you looking for a solution that allows a user to select from a drop down list of canned responses? If the former then consider Automation if the later you would need a addon app. You could also consider using an auto-text expander solution, e.g. Phrase Express or a browser extension like Ant or similar.
Hello @Shawn Wallace
Welcome to the community.
Are you working with a Classic project or a Next Gen project? A Software project or a Service Management project?
And by a canned response are you talking about sending an email automatically based on the status changing?
You should be able to do that using the Automation feature.
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/features/automation
Hi Jack. I'm looking for a solution that automatically adds a comment based upon a transition and conditions without writing script.
Hi Trudy. I'm using a classic project and yes i'd like an email response.
Based on your reply below I would then suggest using the built in Automation. It is quite straightforward. You will find this under project settings > automation. The basics are...
Trigger - issue transitions
conditions - status, field values, etc.
action - add comment
You will find documentation here - automate-your-jira-cloud-processes-and-workflows
if you can articulate in greater detail your situation I can assist but I encourage you to try to create a simple rule to get familiar with it.
Thank you!! i'll give this a try and se how it goes. This is my first interaction with the community...I think i'm going to like it here.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.