! because deleting is not possible
Hi @Stephan A. ,
Let's see if we can figure this out
For one, yes the templates should be available both on Cloud and Server. Their names might be a bit different and some items might be different as well as cloud is pretty much updated constantly while of course the server/dc editions only get new items when they get a new version.
Can you check a first item being if the JSM app is actually installed?
If on your environment you go to "Versions and Licenses" and see whether the JSM application is actually licensed and installed?
Also you mention that you could easily switch the templates on Cloud, that's not something I'm aware of once a project is created. Now a template is just a type of project within JSM or JSW or JC and which settings you enable/disable usually define the "template"
Hi Stephan,
If I understand the problem here, you first started working with Jira Service Management in Cloud, and then found that the project creation types are not showing the exact same options in the Server platform. There sometimes are these differences in platforms, as the Cloud and Server products do not always have a 1:1 feature parity.
This is one of those cases. The Cloud offerings provide 6 JSM project templates at creation, whereas Server/DC provides only 3. Some of these overlap, while others are slightly different. I think the main reason for this difference is more in regards to the different customer requirements between Cloud and Data Center users of our products. In general Atlassian would prefer to land new customers in our Cloud platform. I believe that these other project creation template types were created only in Cloud. It might be possible to port these to Server, but I do not presume this is a trivial task today.
I tried to search our existing feature requests that I think relate to this particular feature, but I have not found any suggestion type tickets on JAC in the JSDSERVER project. I do not expect that this particular feature is going to be made to look the same in both platforms any time soon. We could create a new feature request here on your behalf, but I want to make sure that we capture the problem here accurately. Is the frustration here the different options between Cloud and Server? Or is there a specific project template type in Cloud that you are missing in Server?
Please let me know,
Andy
When you currently try to create a project, do you not see any templates or just less than on Cloud?
!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.