Hi,
I have a text field with email value, I am trying to assign an issue based on the email in the text.
I have also tried with the Automation rule which is not assigning the issue
Any help appreciated,
Thank you,
Roshan
How is your automation looking up the email address for the user you want to assign to?
I have used the smart value {{issue.customfield_id}}, which will look up from the text field and assign issue based on that
OK, that will fetch an email address, which is nothing more than a block of text.
You're going to need something a bit more clever to read the email address and search for it amongst your people's accounts, and effectively translate it into an (assignable) user id for the assignee field.
correct Nic,
Is there any solution for this?
This is a show stopper, any workaround on this issue, also open to implementing this functionality with the plugin too
Thanks!
Hi @Roshan Vislavath ,
while it's not possible to 'translate' the email address automatically, you could go for branch rules (if we're only talking about a small number of possible - and future - assignments since this will obviously not scale), e.g.
CheersThorsten
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.