I am curious how people are using the "Use sprint dates when issues don't have start and end dates" feature in Advanced Roadmaps
It seems quite useful. However:
We would prefer, when a Story begins, to track its Actual Start Date and then have Advanced Roadmaps calculate its end date (based upon sprint dates). But it appears like both the "start date" and "end date" must be empty for this automatic calculation.
Anyone know why?
Let's give an example. Imagine I had a "Story" that began in Sprint 1, but wasn't finished. Now it's in Sprint 2.
If I leave the dates empty, Advanced Roadmaps will show this "Story" starting with Start/End dates from Sprint 2. Which is not accurate.
However, if I populate the Start Date (with its actual Start Date), then Advanced Roadmaps leaves the End Date unset (even though it could inherit the End Date from the end date of Sprint 2).
I am curious what people actually do for these dates. As a note, we have no intention of anyone changing the dates in Advanced Roadmaps itself. As that will generate other issues (based upon the way we currently use Jira).
Thanks,
Doug Levitt
Agile Coach