I work for a corporation with multiple business units (BU).
Each BU has a different instance of the Atlassian stack.
We all use single sign-on through Microsoft services to authenticate.
I was issued two email addresses by Corporate IT. One designating my BU and one with the corporation name.
I need to collaborate with another BU in my company. I was invited to their team site allscripts-nanthealth.atlassian.net
Their administrator said he invited me using my CORP email address. He also said that their confluence IS NOT using the single sign-on service from Microsoft.
When I follow the link in the invitation "Join the Team" I am invited to Pick an Account to sign in with my corporate credentials - the grey box shows my CORP email address and the status of "signed in". I choose that account. I authenticate fully and am taken to my BU Atlassian Home page. When I try to navigate to the Confluence page that I have been invited to, by the other BU, I see a page that says, "Try a different account" then shows my BU email address "doesn't have access to this content on Confluence."
We can't figure out why my BU email address is being inserted into this process.
We can't figure out why I can not successfully access the Confluence site for the other BU. Does it have something to do with the fact that my BU has integrated Single-sign-on while the other BU reports that they have not?