Hi! How automatically linked Jira issues when making a pull request.? https://prnt.sc/10vatrg
I have made integration with jira https://prnt.sc/10vazyo But still no issues there
Hi, @Bohdan
The easiest way to create a link between a ticket and a pull request is to just set your branch's commit message to have the Jira ticket number be the first thing in the commit.
git commit -am "JIRA-123 this is my commit message"
This will result in a link from this commit/branch to the jira ticket called JIRA-123.
Ok that's the easiest way. Are there other ways?
What if the commit message didn't include the proper ticket number, but I still want to create the link between the issue and the P/R?
So far the only solution I've come up with is creating another commit to the P/R branch simply to mention the ticket number. Kinda awkward.
The full documentation on how development tools are linked to Jira tickets.
This was not very helpful.
The link states the following options for a P/R:
These are all equally non-ideal options. Thankyou for digging up that document. I'll have to impress upon my team the seriousness of getting their commit messages right the first time.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.