I am looking for some advice on the best way to use Jira for our company. I am one on a team of 2 in our company and we are expected to support several services/applications. Our work typically falls within these 3 categories:
- Bug Fixes
- Change Requests
- Project Work
Change Requests and Project Work is where new development typically comes into play. We need a way to plan and track progress in these different areas in 2 week sprints, but I'm unsure how to set this up in Jira properly.
We are currently utilizing Jira Software on premises, but are migrating to the cloud. We had 3 projects (Change Requests, Bug Fixes, and Developer Activity [project tasks, etc]) and a Board that pulled in issues from those three projects so we could plan a sprint across multiple areas we oversee. Now that we're migrating, I see that this is not supported with the Cloud version.
Should we be setting up a new project for every service/application we support and create issues (bugs, tasks, etc) in their respective project? This is kind of what we were doing, but I don't think planning a sprint that includes issues from multiple projects is a possibility.
Should we use one main project that has different issue types (Bug, Change, Task, etc) to plan the sprint? This would allow us to plan a sprint, but is this the right way?