We're using an SSO to login our users to Jira and we're also using a custom portal that fetches issues from Jira. It does it by An Auth token that is received from the 3LO Auth code grant flow. ( Reference -01 ).
The Auth token I'm receiving is working as expected, but It's only valid for 3600 seconds by default. How can I increase the expiry time to a custom time of expiry. If it's not possible, How can I refresh this token without forcing my users to go through the same 3LO process of authenticating my app again.
Authenticating my users every hour for an Auth token does not look like a good solution. Is there a solution that helps the user on my custom portal access their issues, with holding the token for a longer period?
Token Details :
{
access_token: {my_access_token},
scope: 'read:jira-work read:jira-user',
expires_in: 3600, // This is only 3600s. How can I increase this time?
token_type: 'Bearer'
}
References :
1. Community Question
2. Implementing 3LO