Recently, Jira has started to misbehave in a particularly irritating way when it comes to the inbound mail and associated ticket creation side of things.t has decided that on one of the several incoming mail activities that are identical barring the recipient email address (which itself is an alias of the main mailbox, just like all the other incoming mail activities), to start ignoring certain individuals.
In addition, it keeps giving nonsense errors during testing, such as:"You haven't provided Default Reporter and Create Users is off. Messages sent by unknown users will be silently ignored."
The default reporter *is* set, and is the same as all the others, which work fine. I've even set this one to a different default reporter, but same error message is shown. I cannot set it to Create Users, because I don't want to be creating new users (and it's not set to do that on any of the others, either). Even if I did, the one person it has started to ignore, is already a user, so that makes no sense.
Eventually, it said that a test was successful - but still had the message about not having a default user set - and then helpfully told me it had seen one message in the appropriate place. And had also ignored one message in the appropriate place - but no explanation as to why it ignored anything!
Can anyone help before my brain completely gives up and atrophies in disgust?