Ok I see a few different places Jira offers 'Time in Status' and also JQL things about 'updatedBy' to see who last changed it. My head is swimming with query lingo and I'm not sure if I've confused myself to not see the forest through the trees or if this truly is as complicated as I think it is right now.
Our current workflow also has people only assign work while they are actually working on the task. This means I can only associate an assignee during the In Progress status, but I need historical across the lifespan of a project.
My challenge -
How to create & track in a JQL filter,
- Who moved a task to In Progress
- How long it was there In Progress
- Who moved it out of In Progress
- Where it moved to
I believe with these answers I could figure out for a dashboard,
- Who took on the work
- How long it took to do the work
- How much work they are getting done
- How much work might pass or fail review