Currently, I enabled the Subtask in our project so standard item types (Stories and Bugs) will have them. Our Subtasks, and Stories and Bugs have different workflows. I wanted our board to only reflect the workflow of the Subtasks but I noticed that:
1) When I'm in the Backlog view, Jira automatically uses the first column on the board, which in our case specifically is a status applicable only to Subtasks types
2) When a parent's (Story or Bug type) subtasks is already in a status mapped on a specific column on the board, the parent is already displayed in the board even if the status of the parent is unmapped.
My questions are:
1) Is there a way to use a different status for the "Selected for Development" in the Backlog view? I wanted to use this so that when the team decides to work on a specific Backlog item, they can just drag it to this one and should now be visible on the Kanban Board. Maybe it can act like a "Sprint" but just one that never closes.
2) How can I show only those parent issues with specific status even if the status of their Subtasks are mapped on a specific column?
Any help is appreciated!
NOTE: I edited the title from "Hide Stories" to "Hide Subtasks"