Can somebody point me to any documentation on what Big Picture Basic Tasks are all about? You only seem to be able to edit the Task Name, Start and End Dates. I can't update the Status, % Complete or the Assignee etc.
Hi @Nigel O’Neil
Basic Tasks in BigPicture serve as an additional element, which you can use to organize your project box better. Those exist only within BigPicture application and do not synchronize with Jira or any other external platform. Due to this limitation, certain actions, such as assigning a particular user to a Basic Task, are not possible.
Please kindly take a look at our documentation page dedicated to the Basic Tasks matter, as I believe you will find there most of the information you need!
- Basic Tasks
Best regards,
Adam
Thanks Adam. All makes sense now.
You're very welcome Nigel! I'm glad I was able to help you with this matter.
Having recently downloaded a big picture 30 day trial, I created a few tasks a project and a few tasks. This big picture project picked up tasks from a live project and having deleted the tasks from big picture, they have now disappeared from Big Gantt, but if I go into the kanban board they are still there. Why can I now not view them in Big Gantt.
I have just posted the article about the basic tasks: Basic Tasks in BigPicture.
You will find there more extensive information regarding the function of basic tasks. I hope you find it useful.
Hi @Lydia Goodhand
Could you please provide more details (preferably supported by screenshots) so that I am able to shed more light on your doubts?What do you mean by deleting? Did you delete tasks or a Project box in BigPicture?
No longer an issue
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.