My team completed the following:
- Card A - Bug 5 points
- Card B - Story 3 points
However at the time we closed the sprint, the velocity was reflecting as 3 points even though in the sprint report it shows the 5 and 3 pt cards as being completed during this sprint.
There was another card that one of my Engineers forgot to add that he had completed, so I usually don't do this, but I reopened the sprint, added that card, which was 5 points as well. I was hoping this would refresh everything and the system would calculate the missed points.
To my surprise after adding the card, and then closing the sprint again. The velocity went from 3 to 8 , however it should be 13 because it shows 3 cards completed and their story point sums are 13.
Now the Closed stories in the sprint are-
- Card A - 5pts
- Card B - 3 pts
- Card C - 5 pts
I think this is a bug because Jira is showing that these 3 cards were closed during the sprint . They all have points. However, the full total of those points will not show in their velocity.