I'm trying to change the order of the workflow steps because I configured a "Two Dimensional Filter Statistics" widget but the "To Do" step is last but I want it to be the first to make more sense to see the report. How could I do that?
It looks like the Step ID sets the order. There was a feature request for sorting but it was closed.
In OnDemand I imagine you'll have to either recreated the first 3 steps or do the necessary changes to a fresh Workflow that will have the IDs in order.
Hope that helps.
Regards,Mauro
Mauro, the Step ID is created in sequence as the custom step is created. There's no easy drag-and-drop method to edit them. There is a way in the system to go and re-order the step IDs as I'd talked to one of the support guys at an Atlassian Conference. Can you find out for us how this is done and where? Thank you.
Are you sure he was talking about OnDemand?
You can do it on your self hosted Jira by doing: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Re-order+workflow+transactions
More detail: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+to+change+the+Original+Step+in+Workflow+Transition
But it is not posible to Import a Workflow on OnDemand so it won't work there.
Good point Mauro, he may not have been discussing AOD. Where can I open a feature request? This is something useful for JIRA guru's to tweak as the order of the step as you create them (which generates the Step ID) determines how (like the person's chart above) the Summary Status order is displayed on the project Issue page. Project Managers, developers, Business Analysts, Product Owners, QA etc want to see the story flow from top to bottom in the lifecycle where as now it jumps around.
Thank you Mauro
This worked for me. Found in Atlassian documentation:
Re-ordering statuses
You may want to change the order of statuses in JIRA in line with a particular workflow or to highlight key statuses. The order of statuses is reflected on screens (or parts of the screen) in JIRA, where issues are listed or grouped by status. These include the issues summary for a project, search results (when status is one of the columns), and a number of gadgets, like the Issue Statistics gadget (where the Statistic Type is 'Status').
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver070/defining-status-field-values-749382903.html
@all
Found one solution that works for Jira Cloud across all projects:Re-ordering the status columnGo to: Admin > Issues > Statuses > [reorder the statuses]
On the current version of jira cloud i'm not able to find an statuses page.
Re-ordering statuses did not work for me. I found that if I deleted all of my workflow transitions and then added them back in the order I wanted, they were then listed in the correct order.
I had similar problem (order of the status in the issue screen was not what I'm looking for).
What I realized is... when in "edit mode" for the workflow, the opsbar-sequence need to be define on the "transition" and not on the "step".
opsbar-sequence
I tested with both definition and didn't worked. I had to delete opsbar-sequence for "step" and keep only opsbar-sequence for transition. Works for me (server base).
I'm using Jira Cloud and have found setting opsbar-sequence on the transition doesn't work and neither does changing the sequence of the status... the workflow steps stubbornly stay in their creation sequence (by ID). I'll going to look elsewhere to see if it can be done without deleting the whole workflow and re-creating it.
In Jira Cloud, changing the "Status" values' "Order" didn't fix this for me. On the transition sub-menu (and in the Text-format Workflows display in Issue settings), the sequence of each Step is just terrible.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.