When I try to create a new project I see the following error
"For some reason the magic didn't happen - please try again"
Thia happens with both classic and next gen.
Hi @tony ororke
Welcome to Atlassian community!
You can look into a similar thread - Cannot create classic project, Jira gives me an error message or JSWCLOUD-17271
Pavel
I looked at the above thread, which resulted in a support ticket being raised.
I have tried to raise a support ticket and have been told that I can only get help via the community. As this issue clearly cannot be resolved by members of the community I'm not sure where to turn.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
The post referenced above suggested that this is a known issue, and can only be fixed by raising a support ticket, which I can't do.
Is there any way around this?
Sorry to hear about this problem.
I took a quick look at your site, and it appears that your account is only a member of the site-admins group. This poses a potential problem as it might be possible that as a site-admin, you have admin control, but not product access. Please see the details in Update product access. I would expect that your account would need to be a member of the jira-software-users group in order to create any next-gen project or any Jira Software project as that is the default group name to grant product access to that product.
Try that first. If you have already done that, and this problem persists, please let me know, and I can create a support case on your behalf.
Andy
Hi @Andy Heinzer
Thanks for your help. I have reviewed the details in the link you provided but unfortunately have been unable to resolve the issue.
If you could create a support ticket on my behalf that would be much appreciated.
Tony
Hi Tony,
I created a ticket for this over in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-645954 and requested site access from you. Once we get your consent there we can investigate this further.
Cheers,
Thanks @Andy Heinzer
I received an email asking me to grant data access and permission which I am happy to do, but when i click on the link in the email I see a message saying "you do not have permission to view this request".
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.