I am trying to automate our ticket flow and make sure the SLA's we are trying to maintain are correctly measured and maintained. I am however stuck on a problem i cant seem to solve. I use Automation to update tickets when we receive a comment/ reply from the reporter and I am happy with this. I have made several workflows connected to several issue types and they all work great so far.
I am however stuck on the fact that customers keep replying to tickets with completely unrelated issues/ questions and replying weeks after I have "resolved or canceled" the issue. This completely breaks the SLA figures and over time can create issues with a jumble of information that is or is not related with each-other.
So i started trying and testing to create a issue status that simply blocks all customer replies by email or portal to update or add to the issue. But, when the customer does email by replying, creates a new issue.
I have made an automation command to "close" tickets after 7 days of inactivity and a couple of other parameters like certain status and exclude certain issue type. And this status "closed" is the end of the road. (No way back, by design)
However emails send by the reporter as a reply to our last email concerning this ticket still adds the comment therefor not solving anything. And customers can also still add comments through the portal. When these emails are sent in this scenario I want Jira to create a new issue and completely block customers from adding to tickets with status "closed".
Something tells me this should be possible because i cant be the only one that wants this. I just cant figure out how. Please help.
(still rather new with this)