I have enclosed a screenshot. Generally its a large backlog on the left (from Atlassian University Course im taking) but the items on the right are a Scrum Board.
I want the red area for Sprints and the left kanban for backlog. I guess the only issue would be when you finish a sprint, so it doesnt clog up "Done" field you would need to move it off the board into an archive somewhere.
Can anyone help the best way to support this? Basically every two weeks we take from the kanban and make into a sprint. The view on this Atlassian Course is perfect for us because it means we can keep grooming the backlog and have an audio/visual indicator on the board of this. The certification recommends this anyway (regular grooming of backlog).
In a perfect system where its well groomed you kind of know whats coming in the next sprint (ie> All the items on the left kanban). Bearning in mind we have 00s of tasks/issues/sub-tasks in the kanban with a complex project.
Thanks in advance for any replies.