Hey!
Is it possible to upload a spreadsheet with or without epics and tasks for that epic which I can easily upload to Jira? The manual spreadsheet upload seems a bit cumbersome and I was wondering if there's a an API allowing this to fully automatize this?
Thanks a ton in advance!
Jousef
Hello @Jousef Murad
Thank you for reaching out.
There is no ready-to-use REST API to create issues using CSV files in Jira Cloud, however, you can bulk create issues directly using a REST API script in the JSON format. You can check the REST API call and syntax to create new issues in the link below:
POST https://example.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue
Using that call as a template, you can create a REST API script and replace the field content of each call to bulk create new issues every time you need.
For more examples using Jira REST API, you can check the documentation below:
REST API examples
I hope this information helps.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.