I dont want to have Backlog as a status for my issues.
HI @Hanif Khan
do you just want that the Backlog isn´t shown in your board, or do you not want the Backlog as a status?
If you don´t want it as a status, then you have to remove it from the workflow of this issue type. Therefore you need to have jira administration rights.
Kind regards,Tobias
Hi @Hanif Khan welcome to the Atlassian community.
I understand that you would like to remove the backlog column from the board. If yes, then go to the Jira project>> top right corner click on ... (3 dots) and open the board settings.
Click on "columns" section and you will find the Kanban backlogs with list of board columns. Note: Deleting a board column will not affect Jira issues in any way.
Please access this document for steps and more details: Use your kanban backlog | Jira Software Cloud | Atlassian Support
Please be informed, in order to access "board settings", you need board access permissions from your Jira admin.
If my post address your query, you may click "accept answer".
Hi @G subramanyam - I dont want to delete any column, but I want remove backlog as a status. for eg. if i am creating any new task and save, it shows as backlog & then i need to go into the task and change status to 'New'.
I want to have status of 'New' for every task i am creating.
Hello @Tobias,
I can see backlog in workflow , how can i delete the same from there.
I have Admin rights.
Hi @Hanif Khan
so if you want to delete the Backlog, navigate to "Workflows" in the administration settings (Sub-menu: Issues). Choose the workflow you want to edit and click on "Edit" on the right side. (i would recommend to copy the workflow first and then do the edit, so you can´t make anything wrong or can go back to the previous workflow).
Then click on "Diagram" on the left side and select the status "Backlog".
On the right side a window will pop up and there click on "Remove status"
And last you have to click on "Publish" and then the Backlog will be removed out of the workflow.
Please let me know if this helps for you.
Thanks a lot Tobias, kindly accept sincere regards
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.