Hello,
I'm trying to set up JIRA to automatically assign fix versions to issues that are in an active sprint. My team has overlaps in our sprint cycles where the next sprint will start before the previous sprint has closed.
I've set up rules to create new fix versions and assign them to issues when a sprint is started but I'm not sure how to handle the above scenario. I don't want to hard-code the fix version values in the Automation rule for obvious reasons but the only automatic options are either "last released version" or "next unreleased version" (this is what I'm currently using to create/assign versions to the active sprint).
The issue with my setup is that when a second sprint is started, the issues in that sprint get the fix version of the sprint prior since that sprint has not been closed yet.
Appreciate any thoughts you guys might have.