I need some help here.
Trying to set up an automation rule that gets the email from an issue collector form that gets added by the collector (done automatically).
I was originally trying to grab the email via a regex (I am fairly proficient in regex and have tested it online in multiple testers to validate it) and send the poster an email to notify them that we have received their issue and how to track it. But I can't even get the match to work properly.
I have tested getting the email many times with the log action. It fails every time.
Trigger: Issue Created
Then: Add value to the audit log
This I have tried it with a basic and complicated regex. Currently I am trying:
reporter: {{issue.description.match(".*(parker).*”)}}
I get the same error:
Error rendering smart-values when executing this rule:Failed to get value for issue.description.match(".*(parker).*”): reporter: {{issue.description.match(".*(parker).*”)}}
I know I can get it to log when it is just
{{issue.description}}
Here is a sample of what it is parsing:
this is a test
Reporter: John Doe
E-mail: johndoe@parker.com