I need to activate the integration between JIRA and Freshworks. Where do I find 1) my JIRA username (not the admin email address), and 2) API token?
Hello @Katie Kokkinos ,
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
In order to authenticate with Jira Cloud you need to use your Atlassian account email address and API token.
For details on how to create an API Token please see below link:
Cheers,Dario
Hello Dario,
Thank you. This answers part two of my question. Can you please tell me where I can find the JIRA username for our account admin (not the email associated with the account)? I need this information too, to set up my integration.
Best,Katie
Hi @Katie Kokkinos ,
As already mentioned in my previous reply you can only use email address and api token in order to authenticate with Jira Cloud.
Usernames have been removed in Atlassian Cloud since quite some time already. See below links for details:
If you could point us to the documentation you are following to set-up your integration we can double-check whether this is for Jira Server, or if it is outdated, or if there is anything else that can be done.
I appreciate your reply. Please note that I am only trying to follow the instructions that I have been given. See below screenshot from my Freshdesk account. It explicitly states that I need a username and not an email address.
Best, Katie
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.