Hello there,
What I have:
- A story description in a Cloud Confluence page
- A Cloud JIRA story issue
What I am trying to do:
- insert the Confluence page content into the Jira issue description.
To perform this, I use:
- The confluence API to retrieve the page content
- JIRA automation to schedule the JIRA issue description update based on the Confluence page ID.
- (I also could use Confluence events to publish the update in a webhook listened by JIRA automation, instead of using the scheduler trigger).
Well, this is not rocket science and works fine. But... all the body formats of the Confluence page content include html tags. And html does not render in JIRA text fields for security purpose. Since the Confluence and JIRA editors are the same, is there a way to push the content into the JIRA issue description in a way that it will render correctly for most of the Confluence tags (headings, colors, etc...) ?
The only solution I currently see is to use a converter between html and JIRA wiki markups, but this is quite tricky and cannot be performed in the cloud environnement.
Any guess?
Note: I could also use JIRA Cloud scriptrunner to any means.