I am very new to Jira.
I have created a JIRA Project and would like to promote some of the tasks to a Kanban board
Welcome onboard Randall!
HAve a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/blog/2016/02/make-way-for-backlogs-in-kanban-boards
I feel it will help you!
Cheers!
Boards are a view of a set of issues, they don't "contain" issues.
For a proper Kanban board, you need to be running "JIRA Software" - you'll have a "boards" option in the main menu, from which you can select "create new board", it'll offer you some simple options on getting started with the view ("create from single project" is the easiest and most intuitive) and create a board.
You can then go to the board configuration and edit it, changing the filter to suit the issues you really want to see on the board (e.g. change "project = xyz" to "project = xyz and issuetype = story")
Do you already have a Kanban board? If not, you will have to create one.
If you want to include the issues in an existing Kanban board, you can modify the board's filter.
Thanks for your help.. Much appreciated...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.