Even a general idea, how these kinds of tasks are usually handled (or an example) would be welcome.
I have a Infrastructure object schema, which has an IP addressess object type.
This object type has an IP attribute containing the address of a virtual server.
I have another object schema (let's call it Blacklisted IPs) which has an IP object type containing an IP attribute. This also has an IP Reference attribute, which is suppossed to be a reference to an IP addresses object in the Infrastructure object schema.
My task is to automate one of the object schemas, so it can recognize if a Blacklisted IP and an IP addresses has the same IP. Then it should set the value of the IP reference attribute to point to the corresponding virtual server's IP in Infrastructure.
If you have any ideas so far, where and how to use IQL (or if I should get into Groovy scripting) to achieve this, would be greatly appreciated, in the following I want to picture the whole picture:
There is a third object schema called CRM which has Customers in it. These customers have virtual servers, referencing the ones in Infrastructure.
My ultimate goal is to make an automation which sends an email to these Customers whenever an IP of their virtual server appears in the Blacklist IP object schema.
As mentioned before, any general idea would be mostly welcome, regarding the direction of solving this issue.