We plan to migrate on-prem Jira server to cloud. All or just a project; either works. In Jira server, we use both external directory for most users and internal Jira directory for some users. I would like to migrate all users, regardless of directory affiliation on the server, to Jira cloud internal directory.
Can this be done without having to clone external directory users as internal directory users on the server?
I had been planning to use the import from backup method because our on-prem Jira server is inaccessible from the internet, and it's some time and effort to change this.
I am already "tweaking" the backup XML for import from backup method, but of course the external directory users cause this to fail. I can see the directory ids being used. The internal directory users have an additional externalId, compared to external directory users. Can this externalId be calculated/hashed for each now external directory user and added in the entities.xml file when I change their directoryId to read "internal" (1, vs 10000 for external)?