Can a sub-task have a different set of STATUS values than the associated parent task?
I'm trying to find a configuration setting option for this but coming up empty. I'd appreciate any guidance offered.
sure. just create a unique workflow w/ desired statuses and associate the sub-task issue to that workflow. you might find this read useful - Workflows
Hello @John Driscoll
Are you working with a NextGen project or a Classic project?
I work with Classic projects, so my answer is specific to that scenario.
Yes, in Classic projects Sub-tasks can have a different set of Statuses than the associated parent issue. You would need to create a custom workflow that includes those statuses and their transitions, then in the Workflow Scheme for your project add that custom workflow and assign it to the Sub-tasks issue type(s) for that project.
Yes - Classic Projects. Thanks for the custom workflow suggestion Trudy. Very clever!
Thank VERY much for the redirection to the workflow documentation. Spot on!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.