All my work is organized by Epic. I cannot seem to create an export that will group all tasks by Epic. The export only has the Epic link next to and I have to manually sort hundreds of items.. there has to be a better way... Many thanks!
Hello @Paul Baker
It is possible to export issues and their related epics (including the link between them) to a CSV file in Jira Cloud and Server applications.
For Jira Classic projects (Software or Service desk), these would be the steps:
Click in the filter drop-down at the top of the page > Advanced SearchIn the Issue navigator page, type a JQL query to return all the Epics and related issues you want to export. P.S: You can use the "Epic Link" field to select the issues related to a specific EpicIf you want to export specific fields from your issues, including the Epic link:At the right side of the search bar, select "list view"Then, add the column "Epic Link" > Click in Export > Select "Export Excel CSV (Current fields)"If you want to export all fields from your issues, including the Epic link, Click in Export > Select "Export Excel CSV (All fields)".In both options above, the relation between Epics and child issues will be informed by the "Epic Link" column.
If you want to export specific fields from your issues, including the Epic link:
If you want to export all fields from your issues, including the Epic link, Click in Export > Select "Export Excel CSV (All fields)".
In both options above, the relation between Epics and child issues will be informed by the "Epic Link" column.
For Next-gen projects (available on Jira Cloud), the same steps above can be followed, however, using the "Parent" field/column to export the Epic relation.
Best regards, Mariana
thank you for the response I really appreciate it.
I did this and I have hundreds of issues with parents. Is there a goo d way to group them by epic that you have found? thanks in advance!
What I need is:
EPIC
Task 1
Task 2
etc
EPIC 2
Thanks!
Paul, did you get an answer to this? I'm looking for the same thing.....
thanks,
Hanif
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.