Hi, all,
I need to have a custom field that will reflect the first time a specific transition occurred.
First I thought I would do it with a post-change action and copy value from Updated to my custom field (Closed Initial Report).
But this does not work in cases when the issue is reopened, and will eventually go through the same transition again, so the initial value will be overwritten, which we do not want.
I thought I may have more options in an automation rule, and I have managed to create a rule that will populate the custom filed with the current time when the transition occurs, but I would also like to add the condition to only populate if this field was previously empty.
However, when I select the Issue Fields Condition and try to select my custom field (so that the action would only be performed if the field is empty) I cannot find my custom field in the picker.
Anyone have any ideas, or an alternative solution?
thank you
Dora