Hi,
I have tried all the tips and suggestions that I could find (e.g. https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-the-look-and-feel-of-jira-applications/, https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-6946) and cannot manage to get the date format in our service tickets changed.
Currently it is showing as YYYY-MM-DD and since we have some Americans amongst us, I want to make it clear that 2021-03-04 is 04-MAR not 03-APR.... so want to show as DD-MMM-YYYY.
Any idea how and where I can change this??
Cheers
Ben
Hello Ben,
Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
In order to change the date format in Jira Cloud, you can go to Cog icon > System > Look and feel, which is mentioned in the documentation you shared.
Also, on Cog icon > System > General configuration > Advanced settings, you can change the format of the date picker.
The format is based on the documentation below:
Currently, there is a bug in the new issue view where the advanced settings are not respected. So, even if you change the settings on Advanced settings and Look and feel, it won’t make a difference on the new view.
You can test disabling the new view on your Profile picture > Personal settings and disable Jira labs.
The bug fix is already in progress since we will be no longer supporting the old view starting on March 31.
Please, click on “This affects my team” and also watch the bug to receive the updates.
Kind regards,Angélica
Thanks Angelica.
Just so I understand... you're saying to go to the advanced settings and make that change... but that it will not work because there's a bug in the new issues view?
I switched back to the old view and it works - which is fine for me, not so much for our more business focussed users who are used to the new view.
Given that it sounds like Atassian are fixing this for the 31-Mar-2021 cut over, I guess I'll live with it until then.
Hi Ben,
Yes, that’s the place to change the date format, but due to the bug users won’t see the difference in the new issue view, only in the old view.
We don’t have a specific date yet but we’ll update our documentation when it’s ready and also the Bug ticket.
Hi, this is now more than 15 months since the last reaction, however the bug is still not fixed. Is this not a critical issue?
Showing the year at the front of a date generally does not confuse anyone, including in the US. The problems arise when the year is absent, or at the end.
As I have figured out the date format can be changed by changing the language.
It is not good!
I can change the language by starting the jIRA web page and select under my photo the proferences.
Selected pen and change the language.
Unfortunatelly I cannot see nor Englush Canada, not US military, Nor correct Hungarian date format.
I can see when select languiage Hungaian the date format : dd/mmm./YY
But the correct is YYYY.MM.dd or YYYY.MM.dd.
I would like to use English and select ISO date format, YYYY-MM-dd
Thanks, DuboZsolt
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.