I've written an issue form submission plugin that look almost like this atlassian "Ask a question" form that I've used to submit this question. I am trying not to reinvent the wheel and so I am curious how forms such as these are typically made, whereby the search bar looks up similar issues for you to select before creating a new issue?
In particular, I'm wondering how does the backend to this form search for similar issues and documents? The way I am currently doing it is it removes mundane words like "with", "his" and reserved JQL words like "distinct" until what are left are just "keyword" words the user input and then perform a JQL query finding issues with similar summaries.
For instance, if the user typed in "keyword1 with keyword2 and keyword3" the resulting portion of the JQL for finding similar issues would look like:
`summary ~ keyword1 OR summary ~ keyword2 OR summary ~ keyword3`
Is that effectively how it is done for this form or forms like it that others may have created? Or are there much better approaches I'm missing? For instance I see Atlaskit supports a [Global Search](https://atlaskit.atlassian.com/packages/search/global-search) component. Is global search what is being used under the covers? The docs show you need a cloudId prop, or can this be used for Jira DataCenter too?
Again, I have a working prototype but I'm just curious how others solve this issue and what the best practices are. Thank you