You can access this in rich text fields with the shortcut "//".
What can you actually do with it? Or is it just a handier way to pick a date without referring to a separate calendar?
Hi @Kimmo Kyle,
It is just a way to add a smart date in your text. If you type the following sentence:
I am answering this question on 20/02/2021
//date turns that date into an actual date (shown in a lozenge), with a calendar gadget attached to it. If you would like to update the date, rather than just typing it, you can change it by picking a different date from the calendar.
Hi @Kimmo Kyle ,
When you add a date lozenge inside a task, that task can show on your tasks page https://<your-site>.atlassian.net/wiki/plugins/inlinetasks/mytasks.action. In order to insert a task, you go to edit mode of a page, type `[]` shortcut to insert a task or click + dropdown menu to find `Action item` and then click it.
I hope it helps!
Thanks, although I understand your answer has to do with Confluence, my question is about Jira specifically. Jira doesn't have Tasks or Action items.
Thank you. So basically the date picker, it's smartness just means an easier way to answers questions like "What's the date of the third Monday in April 2021" ... without referring to a separate calendar.
Oops, I am sorry that I did not look at the tag of your question. I thought your question was about Confluence. I don't see a similar Confluence task page in Jira.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.