This question is addressed directly to the dev team of Atlassian, but I couldn't contact them.
Work has been stopped on JRACLOUD-63150 (which was about enabling a night mode) and therefore many of us are using the extension Dark Reader in the meantime.
The issue is, Jira cloud has many buttons and other DOM elements that don't look good with Dark Reader (like a button having the same colour as the background without shadow its difficult to differentiate it). As a temporary remedy I added custom rules to Dark Reader which styles those elements, used them for a few weeks and made a pull request that got merged.
Now however I saw that many changes don't work anymore and that's because the class name of the elements I've been struggling to find, changed. The button on an issue had for a long time the class "css-tmtnt9" but now it's "css-s0tfqx". Obviously those names are generated automatically and change with each update?
Anyway in the DOM I found nothing that was consistent, that I could hold on to, to style the elements better.
Now my question: as you don't want to implement a native dark theme now, could you at least bring in some CSS selectors that won't always change?
There are not a lot (maybe a dozen) and I'd gladly tell which ones so that a unique id or class can be made for them. It would be so amazing!